As of 1 August 2017, Estonian IT College will merge with Tallinn University of Technology. The Bachelor’s programme of Cyber Security Engineering, which will be taught in Tallinn University of Technology as of September 2017, is based on the programme previously taught by IT College. Graduates enrolled from September 2017 will receive a Bachelor’s degree from Tallinn University of Technology.
Cyber Security Engineering
Language of instruction: English
Official length of programme: 3 years, 180 ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) credits
Study form: daily study
Tuition fee: 2400 € per academic year
Start of studies: September 2017
Admission period for foreigners:
2 January 2017 until 14 April 2017 – application deadline for Non-EU;
2 January 2017 until 1 May 2017 – application deadline for EU/EEA member states, Turkey, Georgia, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Armenia. Countries who do not need visa to enter Estonia (USA, Canada, Australia, Japan, Israel, Mexico, Macedonia, South Korea).
Admission period for Estonian applicants:
26 June 2017 until 5 July 2017 at 15:00 p.m.
Curriculum comprises the following modules:
- Basic Skills and Competences (15 ECTS)
- Fundamentals of Information Technology (33 ECTS)
- IT Systems Development (15 ECTS)
- IT Systems Administration (15 ECTS)
- Cyber Security (15 ECTS)
- Elective subjects (32 ECTS, spread into different modules, selected from a total of 99 ECTS)
- Internship (24 ECTS)
- Diploma Thesis (6 ECTS)
The prerequisite for admission is secondary education acquired in Estonia or a corresponding level of education acquired in a foreign state. Recognition of an education certificate issued abroad is decided by the Admissions Committee based on the statement and recommendations by the Estonian ENIC/NARIC Centre (Academic Recognition Information Centre).
- MOTIVATION LETTER;
- result of at least level B2 in an internationally recognised English proficiency test:
Estonian state examination in English language – 66 points (1997 – 2013), 75 – 100% (2014 – 2016);
IELTS (Academic)- a minimum overall grade of 5.5, with 5.5 or above in each element.
TOEFL (iBT)- a minimum total score 72, with listening 17 or above, reading 18 or above, speaking 20 or above, writing 17 or above.
Cambridge First Certificate in English (FCE)- grade A or B.
Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE)- grade A, B or C.
Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)- grade A, B or C.
Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE A)- total score 51 or above.
Finnish ylioppilastutkinto In English, long course – graded at least cum laude approbatur or lukion päätötodistus, course in English for at least hyvä (8).
Caribbean Examinations Council Secondary Education State Exam in English language for the result of 2 (very good) or above.
Secondary Education State Exams in English language for the minimum of B2 level (CEFR) from following countires: Denmark, Belgium, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Luxembourg.
Proof of English requirement may be waived if a candidate:
– has finished from either International Baccalaureate (IB) or European Baccalaureate (EB) school (applies for entering to bachelor´s studies only);
– has completed secondary education or higher education in one of the following countries: EU/EEA member states, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand (the transcript of records must include information that studies were conducted fully in English).
More information about language requirements is here.
- application (filled in the admission system);
- motivation letter;
- certificate of secondary education, incl. results report (certified copy);
- certificate that demonstrates the required language proficiency (original or certified copy);
- 1 document photo (dimensions of a digital photo: 307 x 372 pixels, recommended resolution: min 300 dpi);
- passport or ID-card (copy).
The required documents can be entered to the admission information system (scanned versions) during admission period. The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English/Estonian. Often you can receive a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
It is required that you send verified copies of the entry qualification documents directly to the IT College by postal mail. NB! Never send original documents by post!
The Admissions Committee may interview a student candidate via Skype.
Study loads at IT College
Full-time study: the student meets the requirements of at least 75 % of the extent of the curriculum by the end of each academic year.
Part-time study: the student meets the requirements of 50% to 75% of the extent of the curriculum by the end of each academic year.
IT College, Study Department
Raja 4C, Tallinn, room 407 (4th floor)
Tel +372 628 5831