Dora Plus 1.1.
Dora Plus action 1.1: Call for applications for short time study visits scholarships for permanent staff
Short-term mobility may last for up to 30 calendar days (inclusive). The grant can be used to participate in a professional conference, seminar or course, or carry out other educational and research-related activities, for example, working in libraries, using laboratories, developing study materials, working with a supervisor, participating in field work, consultations or other similar tasks. The mobility must take place before the 31th of August 2017.
You are eligible to apply if You are a permanent lecturer at IT College, You are no older than 35 years of age on the first day of the mobility, or You have defended Your Doctoral Thesis less than 5 years ago.
The amount of Scholarship
The scholarships for Dora Plus short study visits can cover the costs of accommodation, travel and subsistence on the basis of fixed unit prices only. The participation fee of the event is reimbursed on the basis of actual costs.
The maximum amount granted is €2,000 per mobility.
You can find out how the amount of the scholarship will be calculated from here.
Process of applying
IT College can send the list of selected grantees to Archimedes by the 10th day of every month.
Archimedes gets in contact with the grantees on the basis of the data presented by the higher education institutions. Before signing the contract, the grantee shall submit a data set via the online application environment (www.archimedes.ee/taotlused), including the following:
- event’s programme (if participating in an event). If there is no approved programme, a link to the event’s website shall be included;
- individual work plan approved by the instructor/direct superior (if using the scholarship for individual work);
- confirmation or registration to the event or the host organisation’s official invitation or letter of confirmation or an excerpt from the library’s website indicating that the grantee has access to the library’s services (if working in library);
- confirmation of the participation fee’s amount (if application fee is covered from scholarship).
Archimedes shall normally sign the contract with the grantee no later than 4 weeks before the start of the study migration. The contract sets out the grant amount and the terms of using the scholarship.
When returning from the study visit, the grantee must present the following documents:
- a letter of confirmation of participation in the event / individual work, containing a description of the event’s theme / the individual work performed and the participation dates, and being issued and undersigned by the organiser, the host, the individual work instructor or an employee of the institution where the individual work took place. If you need another confirmation letter for yourself, please ask for a duplicate!
- the invoice of the participation fee and confirmation of payment (if the grantee is compensated for the event’s participating fee).
Call for applications in IT College
You must submit Your application by the 9th of April 2017 to e-mail address Riina.Tallo@itcollege.ee.
You can apply for more than one mobility. Every mobility (separate individual activity) must be described in an individual application.
When evaluating applications IT College will take into account:
- proportional distribution of the scholarchip between interested parties;
- relevance of the purpose of the mobility to curriculums of IT College.
You can find the application form from here.
The Dora Plus programme are funded by the European Regional Development Fund and the Republic of Estonia. Both grantees and universities must cite the European Regional Development Fund’s Dora Plus programme. For example You can add the logos of the EU Regional Development Fund and SA Archimedes, or cite them in text (e.g. “This article was funded by the European Union via the European Regional Development Fund”)
The logo files are available at: http://www.struktuurifondid.ee/nouded-avalikustamisele/
For more information, please contact Riina Tallo (Riina.Tallo@itcollege.ee, Department of Academic Affairs)